Powered by Blog - Widget

Thursday, September 29, 2011

Dry Lips or Chapped Lips?

Having chapped lips or dry lips? Chapped lips or dry lips can be different from minor chapped lips to inflamed lips (which we call Cheilitis). Cheilitis is an inflamed and serious crack condition on the lips which can form around the angles of the mouth or the surrounding of the mouths

Every woman dreamt to have a perfect, soft and smooth lip. Having serious crapped lips make us feel embarrassed when talking to people and hoping no one would notice it. Apart from that, we can’t apply any lipstick and lip-gloss we want as it will turn out flaky. Why do we have these kind problems? What caused it and How to treat it?


I use to have serious inflamed lips during my studies in University and it was the worst months for me. I try to avoid talking directly to my friends and didn’t dare to take picture as well. Went to several doctors for treatment and try several methods. I was desperate looking for solution and finally I found the suitable cream (Triderm Schering Plough cream) to treat my lips.

The doctor told me that my lips could be sensitive towards pesticides spray which was not clean properly when I’m taking my fruits and caused growth of fungus and infection. After apply the cream for 2 to 3 days on my outer lips, it started to heal up. I wouldn’t say this would work on everyone as there are many factors that causing clapped and inflamed lips.

Causes:

· Insufficient vitamins such as vitamin B-2 (Riboflavin)

· Allergic sensitive to cosmetic products

· Excessive exposure to sunlight.
Treatment and Methods to keep your lips healthy and beautiful.
· For minor inflame lips: you can try to use traditional Chinese tea + salts. Make a very small cup of traditional Chinese tea and add in some salts to it. Use a cotton pad and apply it you lips before you sleeps. You might feel as bit stingy on your lips. The salts can help to reduce inflammation and prevent itchiness. In traditional Chinese medicine, tea can be used to reduce inflammation as well.

· Apply Treatment lip balm. I find Mentholatum therapy lipbalm and supersoft treatment lipbalm work well for me...it deeply moisture my lips and effectively relief my dry lips.


· Eat lots of fresh fruits and vegetables but avoid citrus fruits as it may lead to dry lips

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...